So it’s no surprise we got hooked on making these deliciously cute candy mice. (Watch the video tutorial here.)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cherries with stems
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- Sliced almonds
- Candy Decorating Pens
- Line cookie sheets with wax paper
- Unwrap the Hershey Kisses
- Drain, rinse and pat dry the cherries (this helps the chocolate stick)
- Melt the baking chips in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth and creamy
Holding a cherry by its stem, dip it in the bowl of melted chocolate until fully covered.
Place the cherry on its side on wax paper. This is the mouse’s body and tail.
Dip the flat size of a Hershey’s Kiss into the chocolate to use as “glue.”
Press the Kiss onto the cherry, on the opposite side of the stem. This is the mouse’s head.
Nestle two sliced almond pieces behind the Kiss. These are the mouse’s ears.
Use the Candy Decorating Pens to draw eyes and a nose.
To set the chocolate, place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!